WHO WE ARE
Housing on Merit (HOM) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and our mission is to create a bridge to permanent affordable housing for vulnerable populations. HOM is a co-developer of numerous bond-financed and government-supported multifamily housing projects, many of which benefit from allocations of federal low-income housing tax credits.
WHAT WE DO
We form long-term partnerships with developers who share our commitment to preserve and develop affordable housing, and we build communities where residents can access support services and growth opportunities to maintain safe, stable housing and make positive life changes.
- HOM has successfully managed the closing of over $1.3 billion in debt financing with institutional lenders for affordable housing acquisitions.
- HOM has overseen the construction, preservation, and renovation of over 9,060 units of affordable housing in fifty (50) senior and multifamily housing communities nationwide.
- HOM provides support services and enrichment programs to over 6,078 residents based on individual resident and community needs.
- HOM’s Board of Directors have over 100 combined years of experience in the real estate industry.
- They have successfully developed more than 14,000 quality affordable units in various housing projects across the United States and are responsible for over $2.4 billion in debt financing with institutional lenders.
- They have extensive underwriting experience including underwriting over $500 million in non-performing loans for opportunistic investment funds and $2.4 billion through various debt and equity offerings in the REIT and Hotel & Leisure industries.